With our full range of services and skill sets and a uniquely collaborative culture, we are perfectly placed to provide intelligent, creative and holistic solutions that aim to meet and exceed your expectations.
- Strategic Consulting
- Brand Identity
- Brand Architecture
- Brand Strategy
- Brand Positioning
- Brand Innovation
- BrandComms Strategy
- Brand Research
- Digital Strategy
- Digital Design
- UX & UI
- Web Development & Prototyping
- Mobile Development
- Motion Graphics
- Creative Strategy
- Campaign Development
- Marketing Planning
- Advertising Strategy
- Brand Strategy
- Media Planning
- Executive Communications
- Media Coverage & Events
- Media Coaching & Training
- Content Origination
- Digital Communication Strategies
- Crisis Management
- Partnership Communications
- Concept development and Project Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Investor Relations
- Public Affairs
Our leadership team combines extensive know-how with an entrepreneurial focus that proactively seeks to maximise our clients’ commercial advantage. We believe in being a pleasure to work with too: a positive-minded network of support you can always turn to with confidence.
Terhas Asefaw Berhe
Founder and Managing Director
Terhas Asefaw Berhe is the founder and Managing Director of BrandComms. Terhas has over 20 years’ experience in brand development and public relations management, working across Africa and in Canada and the UK. She takes a pragmatic approach to creating and managing campaigns. Her hands-on management style ensures that BrandComms’ diverse and collective thinking leads to a distinct customer experience for every client.
Charles joined BrandComms in 2011 and leads on strategy for many of the firm’s major clients. He was previously the owner and CEO of Kemistry Brand Consultancy in South Africa until 2009, where he worked with dynamic clients including Barclays, Coca-Cola, Vodafone, the South African Broadcast Corporation and the City of Johannesburg.
Director of Public Affairs
Mark joined BrandComms in 2016 after six years at Hermitage Capital where he led on international government relations for the global Magnitsky campaign. Mark has over 16 years’ experience in public and political affairs in London, Brussels and Hong Kong, where he was a regional director for corporate clients across the Asia-Pacific region. Mark was brought up in Africa, having lived in Mali, Zimbabwe, Lesotho and Namibia before moving to the UK.
Corporate Comms and Public Relations
Zarina joined BrandComms in 2016, and leads the Corporate Communications and PR team. She was Senior Counsel at Ogilvy PR in Hong Kong, where she was part of the team that won the 2015 Holmes Report Asia Pacific Consultancy of the Year. Zarina is a former broadcast journalist. While at Al Jazeera English, Zarina and her teams won the Royal Television Society’s News Channel of the Year for coverage of the 2011 Arab Spring.
We are always on the lookout for exceptionally talented individuals to join our international team. Our current vacancies are listed below. Please send your CV with a covering email if you would like to be considered.
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER London, UK APPLY NOW
PR ACCOUNT MANAGER
Brand Communications is an integrated marketing communication business, which delivers communication strategies to specialist African emerging market companies and thought leaders.
We develop, build and communicate iconic brands for Africa. We then tell their story to the world. As the continent rises, we are at the forefront of business developments and play a part in this exciting continent’s future growth.
We are a full service agency providing a 360 range of offerings, including corporate communications and public relations, brand strategy, marketing, advertising and web design.
Overall purpose of the role
We are looking for a digital-savvy account manager to support a range of accounts, particularly in the banking and energy sector. You will take responsibility on a day-to-day basis for contracted account work ensuring this is delivered on time, to budget and according to the client’s wishes. You will be working with clients across Africa and internationally.
We are looking for a PR Account Manager to:
- Handle many of the day-to-day multi-channel deliverables for the communications teams, including content creation.
- Develop and produce high quality written content, including media correspondence, client communications and programmes.
- Digital acumen – a strong knowledge and passion for overseeing the production of compelling social media content and support on agency-wide briefs.
- Meticulous management of projects, accounts and client relationships.
- Help manage events, from the planning stage to roll-out and follow-up, and within budget.
- Reach out to international, national and trade media, actively and intelligently source and pitch stories for our clients.
- Contribute to elements of PR plans and programmes in conjunction with Account Director/Director.
- Advise management of timelines, deadlines and expectations.
- Contribute to pitch preparations and proposals.
- Ability to help deliver results-driven communications plans.
- Digital production and understanding of social media, analytics and how to leverage these to full effect for our diverse range of clients.
- Stand out organisational, time-management skills, including management of project timelines.
- Ability to build fruitful relationships with clients and provide consistent service delivery to clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – one who gets things moving and keeps them on track.
- Results-driven individual who drives tasks to successful completion.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Unfailing attention to detail and accuracy under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including effective team player, negotiating approvals diplomatically, and maintaining composure and quality under deadlines in a very fast-paced environment.
- A flexible, adaptable and agile approach to our work is a must.
- Coaching and mentoring junior colleagues.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years of corporate communications/PR experience, working directly with clients on day-to-day activities. An agency/consultancy background is essential.
- Fluency in spoken and written French
- Knowledge of (the business world in) Africa and internationally